Users in Yahoo Messenger can be online in invisible status (avoiding you...) and they will show you on your Yahoo Messenger as offline ( the gray face icon next to on the right of her/his name).
Method that show you if your friend is offline or online is called Doodle IMvironment Method and it works with Yahoo Messenger 7.0
Doodle IMvironment Method1. In the main window of Yahoo Messenger offline or invisible user will show a gray icon on the left of her name. Double-click on the username of friend you want to see if is really offline or not.
2. After message window open send some message to that user (you can send a character only).
3. When you send message, Click IMVironment button, select See all IMVironments, select Interactive Fun, and click on Doodle. 4. After loading the Doodle IMVironment there is two possibilities:
Possibility A: If Doodle area show "waiting for your friend to load Doodle" for a while (few seconds) it means that user is offline
Possiblity B: If Doodle area show a blank page it means that user is online (in invisible mode).
There is some methods that is not working any more with Yahoo Messenger 7.0 but it may be usefull for users: A. Voice Chat Method, B. Conference Invitation
A. Voice Chat Method1. In the Yahoo Messenger main window offline or invisible user will show a gray icon on the left of her name. Double-click on the username of friend you want to see if is really offline or not.
. 2. Click on Voice icon on the toolbar.
3. There is two possiblity messages:
If there will show a message "Internal server error. Cannot obtain voice token to start voice chat." it means that user is offline.
If you see Voice toolbar is means that user is online (but invisible)
B. Conference Invitation1. In the Yahoo Messenger main window offline or invisible user will show a gray icon on the left of her name. Right-click on the username.
2. After you right-clicked username, choose "Invite to Conference" with left click.
3. After that window will appear you just need to click Invite.
4. There is two deciding possibilities:
Possibility A: If there will appear message: "None of the users in invite list are available to join conference. Please try at a later time" it means that user is offline.
Possibility B: But if you get a message "Yahoo Messenger: You are now logged into voice conference." it means that user in online (but invisible).